Stacks the odds against a crash!
A sudden wind gust or a momentary loss of orientation sends your model reeling. Time to panic? Not if your plane is equipped with Futaba's PA-2 Pilot Assist Link. Just release your transmitter sticks to regain straight and level flight.
Lighter, lower priced and less complicated than gyros, the revolutionary PA-2 acts as a horizontal stabilizer - if your plane strays from level, it "rights" the model automatically. You may never crash again!
How can the PA2 help me maximize the value of PCM and fail-safe?
Have a 4 channel radio? You can still adjust the unit on the ground!
Installs in minutes
- Requires almost no modifications - just one discreet 10 mm hole in the fuselage bottom for sensor mounting.
- Draws only 5 mAh from your 4.8V receiver NiCd...no additional battery needed!
- Releasing the transmitter sticks allows the PA-2 to take control.
- Optical sensors read the difference between light (sky) and dark (horizon), then automatically adjust pitch and roll to stabilize the plane.
- Moving the transmitter sticks puts you back in the "pilot's seat."
- Adjusts to be as sensitive as you like.
- Setting can be changed during flight using a 5-channel radio - anywhere from 0% (take no action) to 100% (for maximum stability).
- "Maximum" is perfect for trainer pilots - does not replace a flying instructor, but DOES boost your confidence at the controls.
- With a 4-channel radio, the PA-2 sensitivity can be adjusted on the unit.
Stock Number: FUTM0999
Power Requirement: 4.8 Volt (NiCd Battery)
Current Drain: 5 mAh (at 4.8V)
Amplifier Length: 2.1 in (54 mm) (excluding protruding parts)
Width: 1.3 in (34 mm)
Height: 0.6 in (15 mm)
Weight: 0.9 oz (25 g)
Sensor Diameter: 1.3 in (33 mm)
Weight: 0.5 oz (15 g) (excluding screws)
PA-2 Pilot Assist Link FAQ