Gyros FAQ - How to Spot a Counterfeit Futaba Gyro
Revolutionary gyro technology
It's ground-breaking Futaba innovation, resulting in a line of heli gyros like nothing you've ever seen. The new GY series feature several high-tech advantages over conventional piezo engineering that make R/C heli flying even more stable and reliable.
Introducing the GY520. The smallest, lightest and most advanced gyro in the world.
Click here to learn what test pilots are saying about the GY520!
GY Series technology revolutionized gyro performance in 2000 -- and the GY520 is doing it again today. Its cutting-edge MEMS (Micro ElectroMechanical System) sensor design, ultra high-speed processing speed and advanced PID control algorithm put it a quantum leap ahead of all other heading hold gyros in size, weight and performance. It's the gyro of tomorrow -- and it's available today from Futaba.
- Offers premium performance at a surprisingly affordable price.
- Weighs just 6.9 g -- a full 9 g less than any other heli heading hold gyro!
- Exceptionally compact, for fast, easy installation in helis ranging from electric micros to .91 glow 3D Monsters!
- Cutting-edge MEMS (Micro ElectroMechanical System) sensors detect smaller angle deviations than any other technology.
- Improved, ultra high-speed processing rates and an 800° /second rate range offer faster, smoother response and consistent pirouette rates.
- Delivers superior performance with analog servos -- and excels with digitals!
6 Parameters To Program!
- F3C/3D Modes
- Normal/Reverse Rotation
- Limit Setting
- Analog/Digital Servo
- Response Selection
- Data Reset
2 Ways To Program!
- Directly, using the GY520's push-button and 2-color LED.
- Remotely, using a PC and the optional CIU-2 USB interface. Both required. Click here to download PC software (zip file).
Stock Number: FUTM0810
Dimensions: 0.79 x 0.79 x 0.39 in (20 x 20 x 10 mm)
Weight: 0.243 oz (6.9 g)
Voltage Range: 3.8 - 6.0V DC
Current Draw: 20mA (without servo)
Sensor Rate Range: +/- 800° / sec
Requires: analog or digital servo