Gyros FAQ - GY-601 Review by Model Helicopter World - How to Spot a Counterfeit Futaba Gyro
Revolutionary gyro technology
It's ground-breaking Futaba innovation, resulting in a line of heli gyros like nothing you've ever seen. The new GY series feature several high-tech advantages over conventional piezo engineering that make R/C heli flying even more stable and reliable.
Introducing the GY520. The smallest, lightest and most advanced gyro in the world.
Click here to learn what test pilots are saying about the GY520!
GY Series technology revolutionized gyro performance in 2000 -- and the GY520 is doing it again today. Its cutting-edge MEMS (Micro ElectroMechanical System) sensor design, ultra high-speed processing speed and advanced PID control algorithm put it a quantum leap ahead of all other heading hold gyros in size, weight and performance. It's the gyro of tomorrow -- and it's available today from Futaba.
- Offers premium performance at a surprisingly affordable price.
- Weighs just 6.9 g -- a full 9 g less than any other heli heading hold gyro!
- Exceptionally compact, for fast, easy installation in helis ranging from electric micros to .91 glow 3D Monsters!
- Cutting-edge MEMS (Micro ElectroMechanical System) sensors detect smaller angle deviations than any other technology.
- Improved, ultra high-speed processing rates and an 800° /second rate range offer faster, smoother response and consistent pirouette rates.
- Delivers superior performance with analog servos -- and excels with digitals!
6 Parameters To Program!
- F3C/3D Modes
- Normal/Reverse Rotation
- Limit Setting
- Analog/Digital Servo
- Response Selection
- Data Reset
2 Ways To Program!
- Directly, using the GY520's push-button and 2-color LED.
- Remotely, using a PC and the optional CIU-2 USB interface. Both required. Click here to download PC software (zip file).
Stock Number: FUTM0810
Dimensions: 0.79 x 0.79 x 0.39 in (20 x 20 x 10 mm)
Weight: 0.243 oz (6.9 g)
Voltage Range: 3.8 - 6.0V DC
Current Draw: 20mA (without servo)
Sensor Rate Range: +/- 800° / sec
Requires: analog or digital servo
CIU-2 USB Interface
The simple hook-up to sophisticated programming. Ideal for use with the GY520 gyro and MC401CR, MC601 or MC850 electronic speed controls. Includes USB connector and a 19.7" extension. Requires PC with Windows® 7 32bit, Vista 32bit, XP 32bit, or 2000 operating system and USB port.
Stock Number: FUTM0951
Operating Voltage: 5V +/- 0.2V (typical USB bus power)
Current Draw (At connection idle): 12.3mA, +/- 2mA
Dimensions: 0.72 x 2.20 x 0.35 in
Weight: 0.26 oz
- Ideal for electrics and 30-size machines
- Single-gain adjustable trim, with 70Hz operation
- Measures 1" x 1" x 0.8" (27 x 27 x 20 mm), and weighs just 0.88 oz (25 g)
- GY240 Manual
Stock Number: FUTM0809
- Delivers high performance for 30- to 60-size helis
- Has remote gain feature and transmitter-controled switching to AVCS
- Operation is almost 4 times faster (270Hz) than conventional gyros
- Measures 1" x 1" x 0.8" (27 x 27 x 20 mm), and weighs 0.95 oz (27 g)
- GY401 Manual
FUTM0808 GY401 Heli Gyro with S9254