Beginner-friendly – competition-ready.
The Futaba GY701 combines a gyro and governor in one unit, representing a quantum leap forward in technology*. Processing rates are incredible, resulting in response rates that are even more amazing. Basic and Expert menus make it easy for novices and pros to enjoy latency-free performance and virtually instantaneous set-ups. The GY701's OLED (Organic Light Emitting Display) is easy to read indoors or out. When combined with the Governor, you have a system that's optimized for even the most extreme helicopter competitions.
*Also available in separate gyro or governor units.
“The Futaba GY701 rocks! Like the GY520, it offers superior gyro performance, with an easy-to-use programming interface featuring Basic and Expert modes. Piro rate consistency is unmatched.
The governor is just as phenomenal, reacting to tail rotor demands even before the engine does. The GY701's compact size, user-friendly interface and S.Bus support result in a winning combination that's tough to beat!”
– Ray and Kyle Stacy, Team Futaba Members
GY701 governor setup with an electric model
|An ultra-small, ultra-lightweight controller makes set-up time to flight time virtually instantaneous. The Organic LED screen is compact and easy to read – indoors or out.
|The GY701 features a 3-color LED to indicate gyro status.
|Get the most out of your GY701 by connecting it to any S.Bus system set-up!
FUTM1106 BPS-1 RPM Sensor (available separately)
|Provides accurate readings and better performance with plug-in ease!
- A competition plus that constantly monitors and maintains rpm at a level you select.
- Eliminates the need for fan-mounted magnets and governor mounts.
- Perfect for use with O.S. 55HZ-R and 91HZ-R heli engines equipped with Futaba GY701 and CGY750 gyros.
- Easy to install. Plugs into the sensor mount built into the engines’ backplates in seconds.
Weight: 5/16 oz (8 g)
*controller weight only
- Small and lightweight — only 1.7 in. x 1.2 in., and weighs less than 1/2 ounce*.
- S.Bus capable with a single cable connection to the receiver.
- Free firmware and software, using the CIU-2 PC Interface (sold separately).
- Easy for anyone to program. Features both Basic and Expert menus.
- Organic Light Emitting Display (OLED) for easy viewing indoors or out.
- Works with analog or digital servos.
- Utilizes MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) technology:
- Ultra high-speed processing.
- Advanced PID control algorithm.
- Smooth, consistent pirouette rate and yaw control.
- Patented, internal “Feed Forward” mixing through S.Bus means no latency and no tail offset (available in S.Bus mode only).
- 3D/F3C mode-selectable.
- Sensor features an aluminum alloy case and 3-color mode indicator LED.
- RPM range of 1000-3000.
- Mode selectable for governor or rev limiter.
- Clutch-mounted sensor or optional back plate mount for O.S.® .91, .55 and .50 engines.
Control Delay In
Control Delay Out
Gain Change Up Delay
Gain Change Down Delay
Free/Forward Mixing (with S.Bus connection)
Free/Forward Mixing Rate
Free/Forward Mixing Acceleration Gain
Pitch Zero Setting
Pitch Low Setting
Pitch High Setting
Gyro Data Reset
Operation range: +/- 1,200° per second
Sensor dimensions: 0.8 in x 0.8 in x 0.3 in (21 mm x 21 mm x 8 mm)
Sensor weight: 0.3 oz (9.4 g)
Controller dimensions: 1.7 in x 1.2 in x 0.5 in (44 mm x 30 mm x 12 mm)
Controller weight: 0.44 oz (12.5 g)
Stick Switch (to activate Governor)
Battery Fail Safe Setting
Yaw Rate Compensation
Limit Point Testing
Revolution Sensor Testing
Revolution Display Mode
Throttle Data Mode
Revolution Change Up Delay
Revolution Change Down Delay
Low Limit at Hover
Low Limit at Idle Up
Governor Data Reset
FUTM0822 GY701 Gyro/Governor
FUTM0821 GY701 Gyro
Also available in a Combo with a
BLS251 Brushless Tail Rudder Servo!
FUTM0823 GY701 Gyro/Governor w/BLS251 Servo